SUPERIOR INTERNATIONAL JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
Release Date: Monday, Feb. 25, 2013
Wilderness continue along at No. 2 in CJHL
THUNDER BAY, Ont. -- The Canadian Junior Hockey League, in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting, today announced its weekly edition of the Top 20 rankings with the Minnesota Wilderness once again being tabbed among the elite clubs overall.
Having already clinched the Superior International Junior Hockey League crown, the Wilderness maintained their hold as the No. 2 rated club in the CJHL for a 12th consecutive week.
The Wilderness boast the best winning percentage among all the 127 teams that currently comprise the CJHL at .933, which coincides with their more than impressive 48-3-0-1 record.
They last tasted defeat in regulation time back on Oct. 24 having gone 34-0-0-1 since that setback and they are also riding a 16-game winning streak.
The Brooks Bandits (AJHL) were once again slotted in as the No. 1 squad in the CJHL while the 2013 Royal Bank Cup host Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) are back again at No. 3 overall.
The following are the CJHL Top 20 teams, as of Feb. 25, listing their overall ranking, their position last week, as well as the league they are a member of.
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Minnesota Wilderness (SIJHL) (2)
3. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (3)
4. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (4)
5. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (8)
6. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (5)
7. Yorkton Terriers (SJHL)(6)
8. Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) (10)
9. Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL) (11)
10. Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL) (7)
11. Melville Millionaires (SJHL) (14)
12. Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL) (12)
13. Truro Bearcats (MHL) (13)
14. Surrey Eagles (BCHL) (NR)
15. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (9)
16. North Bay Trappers (NOJHL) (18)
17. Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) (15)
18. Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) (NR)
19. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (19)
20. Collège Français de Longeueil (LHJAAAQ) (20)
Honourable Mention: Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL); Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL); Georgetown Raiders (OJHL); Saint-Jerome Panthers (LHJAAAQ); Amherst Ramblers (MHL).
The CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, and total points accumulated along with goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
The CJHL is an amalgamation of 10 Jr. A hockey leagues across Canada.
More information on the CJHL can be found by visiting the league website www.cjhlhockey.com.